‘The time has come for your Quality Assurance to pass with flying colours’
Carbotect™ is a proprietary colour based diagnostic test for the real-time detection of ultra-low levels of organic contaminants in water samples.
The test can be applied in all high risk processing facilities and Carbotect™ can be used for the validation of both Cleaning-in-place (CIP) or Cleaning-out-of-place (COP) procedures.
By direct extension Carbotect™ is capable of identifying persistent residues of potential food allergens present in the food and beverage processing equipment after a cleaning procedure.
Carbotect™ is a low-skills based test which empowers plant operators and Quality Assurance personnel to rapidly verify the efficacy of cleaning procedures and is complementary to conventional laboratory based microbiological and residue testing procedures.
By detecting ultra-low levels of organic compounds which provide the basis for microbial growth and colonization, the Carbotect™ test offers a pro-active test to monitor biofilm formation and the adverse consequences of future downstream microbial contamination.
The Carbotect™ technology has been:
- Developed and patented for the rapid detection of organic contaminants in high risk processing equipment.
- Adapted as an ancillary diagnostic tool for high risk processing facilities to detect potential food allergens.
- Refined to detect ultra-low concentrations of microbial Exopolysaccharides (EPS) associated with biofilms present in process, product and domestic water systems.
- Positioned as a primary detection tool to identify biofilm presence, and to monitor and verify the performance of biocidal treatments.
- Extended to the dental industry for identification and monitoring of Biofilm in dental equipment specifically Dental Unit Water Lines (DUWL’s).
- Modified to detect and semi-quantify the presence of Dissolved and Total Organic Compounds (DOC, TOC) in the process water of membrane filtration systems for process and domestic use.
- Developed as an indispensable and complementary diagnostic tool to safeguard product integrity and thus brand equity.
- Established as a new measure for the evaluation of hygiene and sanitary standards in accordance with the demands of best practice, enhanced safety and in the pursuit of sustainability objectives.
Meet the Founder
DR ROBIN KIRKPATRICK
As a professional consultant with experience in a number of multinational businesses, I have assisted with the implementation of a number of unique and innovative technology development strategies and solutions.
These inputs cover a wide range of industry fields, in particular: microbiology, food safety, water quality and environmental sustainability. This has resulted in increased product integrity, production efficiency and overall process optimisation
Continuously seeking to broaden my skills and experience, I am dedicated to the research and development of industry alternatives, seeking to combine profitability and consumer safety with reliable and sustainable new processes and hygiene methods.
I am the developer and proprietor of Carbotect™, the rapid and reliable, colour based diagnostic test for the detection of organic compounds and to verify cleaning efficacy in high risk processing equipment.
Throughout my career and using my academic background, I have developed a diverse and multidisciplinary range of skills and water quality assurance tools which have provided a platform to adapt to and effectively manage new industry developments.